Monday, April 16, 2012

minus the snow

Things are so up in the air lately. Nathan's just finishing up his final exams and I'm finishing up some submissions and applications to go out before we head to Victoria early next week. Hopefully we will have this chapbook printed in the next few days... not sure if the fancy cover paper will get here in time, but we have a variety of plan Bs to fall back on.

Even when we get out to Victoria, things will still be uncertain. Nathan's great aunt is quite ill and our visit may determine where we spend the next year.. We're deciding between working & travelling, living in Regina & working, or possibly staying in Victoria. I think for now on my life is just going to be uncertain. It's scary but exciting.

I'm also trying to decide whether to apply for a writing workshop... One of my goals for 2012 was to attend a workshop or retreat, which would help me to focus and improve my skillz. So far I've been rejected by one workshop which I probably wasn't qualified for. Then I was accepted into a workshop in the states, but I didn't receive a tuition scholarship. It would cost nearly two thousand dollars for a week, so it didn't really seem practical... Hopefully the answer will come to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment