Saturday, April 7, 2012

07/04/12

Recently, I've been at work on a collaboration with my brother Jonah. We last collaborated on our Riddlehoard chapbook, where Jonah drew monsters to go along with the creatures I described in riddles. That project was a lot of fun, but it was designed mainly for an audience of family and friends.

I'm excited for this new chapbook, which chronicles time spent in Revelstoke BC, plants and animals encountered near Blanket Creek, and the history of settlers of the area. We went today to pick out paper for the cover. Jonah has a really cool idea for a cover design. We're binding the chapbook ourselves using a method of folding I 'm excited to learn.

Otherwise, I've been reworking many of my riddle poems. I should have an initial manuscript ready to go in a few weeks/months...

I'm also heading out to Victoria at the end of the month. Hope to visit Portland and the fabled Powell's books. Nathan's been there and says it's crazy. Apparently it takes up a whole city block.

Recent book purchases include: new AF Moritz, new Don McKay, Dean Young- Skid, Anthony Madrid- I Am Your Slave Now Do What I Say, and Christopher Patton- Curious Masonry (translations of Old English poems!)



1 comment: