Sunday, October 26, 2014

they call it a blog hop

Thanks to my fellow ex-pat Christina for tagging me in this writing chainletter, which she's bid me to complete by Oct 31 or be cursed with writers' block for 7 years (I think that's how it works?!). I am in turn tagging my Saskatchewan kinsfolk Brenda and  Courtney, to complete by American Thanksgiving (?).
1. What am I working on?
Mainly my halloween costume (glitter everywhere!), and Gilmore Girls on Netflix (omg Dean told Rory 'I love you'!). But on the writing side of things, poems about Iceland and poems not about Iceland which I hope will turn into a book... *cough*
 2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?
Ahh this is starting to feel like a thesis defence (sorry Courtney!). I think my stuff tends to be more formal... sometimes trying too hard to be funny... but other people do that too, I swear!! 
3. Why do I write what I do?
I want to write a poem as good as my favourite song by The National or Drake.. which will never happen because poetry isn't music, but will not stop me from trying. That's what I told the Canada Council anyway. 
4. How does my writing process work?
I write a bunch of stuff all at once and then spend the next while revising it, turning scraps into poems, throwing things away, summoning lines back from the dead, exorcising, a spot of newt's eye, and voila--pome!
Alright, that was not at all painful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment