Sunday, December 22, 2013

Saskatchewan

Just past Estevan, we were greeted by these dirt piles. Covered in snow, they seemed like the biggest hills this side of Alberta.
















 I was quickly hypnotized by the snowdrifts moving across the highway


On tumblr, I've been adding pictures from a trip me and Nathan took to Austin and New Orleans for American Thanksgiving. We even drove along the Gulf of Mexico and poked our heads into Florida.


Hard to believe less than a month ago we were in the southernmost state. It took days of driving just to get us back to the Saskatchewan border. And that's hours from Waskesiu or La Ronge, days of driving still from the Northwest Territories, from the Yukon and Nunavut. There's places in Saskatchewan where the highway just cuts off. Driving back into Canada it felt like an outpost. I want to go North, farther than I've ever been. Maybe in the summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment