I'm excited to read at Crave tonight at 7:30 for Vertigo's season finale. The event is all ages, and it's a lovely venue with some really talented artists taking the stage.
It does feel like summer, and I'm feeling settled for the moment after having a busy couple of weeks visiting Iowa, then getting married, then visited Waskesiu for a few days. Throughout, I've been working on poems for my new manuscript, of which I'm feeling hopeful. I'm a little superstitious about talking about new projects, like I don't want to jinx it, but I'm happy with the work and revision I've been doing and am considering sending it out somewhere before the end of 2013 (maybe.. again: jinxing).
Last night, me and Nathan walked around Wascana Park to observe the supermoon. The moon reflected on the lake and I wished I had my camera with me. But I knew there'd be hundreds of moon photos online, taken by photographers who knew how to use the settings on their camera so I relaxed a little and enjoyed the night. In Europe, I actually felt relieved when certain museums did not allow cameras inside. As though it gave me permission to take in the artwork without worrying about whether I was taking enough photos of it. In those instances, I found I used my notebook a lot more.
But there were plenty of cameras at my wedding. My best friend Risa came down from Saskatoon for the morning to take photos and dashed off before noon just as we were leaving for Waskesiu. Here's a few and there's more at nathanandcassidy.tumblr.com, the blog we're going to be keeping up while living away from Regina.

No comments:
Post a Comment