Since finishing Anna Karenina, I've been reading lots of poetry:
Sumptuary Laws by Nyla Matuk
Lost August by Esta Spalding
and The Common Man by Maurice Manning.
I'm also excited that I've borrowed by first two ebooks from the public library. I love the paradox of borrowing ebooks : ebooks are intangible things, yet the library still only allows one patron to borrow each ebook at a time as though they were physical objects. I feel like this retains the integrity of the book, and I have to say im finding reading poetry ebooks immensely enjoyable. I can adjust the font, font size, screen colour, and turn the page with a tap of my finger.
I decided to start with one book I own and one I don't own: Purity of Absence by Dave Margoshes and AF Moritz's The Sentinel
When the lending period runs out, the ebook files will disappear from my iPad as though they had never been there. But, I'll have a new title on my 'to buy' list as well!
Moritz also has an incredible new poem in the December issue of the Walrus called 'Dark One Rising.' This poem is risky, allusive, with some amazing sounds and rhymes and images. The last eight lines especially grab me-- the poem alone is worth flipping through the issue.
(Shoud be mentioned this is my first blog written on a tablet as well)
No comments:
Post a Comment