The friends I've made at the U of R have been up to some amazing things.
Coby Stephenson is releasing her collection of short stories, Violet Quesnel this fall with Thistledown Press. Coby's stories are vivid & detailed, heartbreaking, and hilarious. I'm so excited to read this book.
Devin Pacholik has been doing some early morning reviews for Global News. In addition to his charming television appearances, he also has a blog with printed versions of the reviews found here.
This past April, David Gane won the Regina category of Briar Patch's short story contest. His story "But we do it anyway" (great title!) can be read here.
Courtney Bates has been rolling in the acceptances with poems being published in three different magazines. Very exciting for Courtney, who is also at work on her Masters thesis on fairy tales.
Two of our creative writing professors, Medrie Purdham and Jes Battis, placed in CV2's recent two-day poem contest. Their winning poems can be found here.
Congrats to everyone!!
Hey, thanks for the mention. I think the title is pretty nifty too.
ReplyDelete