A while back I moved out of my parent's house and into a new neighbourhood... Here are some pictures from my new space, which I realized that I haven't actually explored very much yet. I also just got a new camera that I'm not the best at using yet. All the pics I took looked really "blah" when I uploaded them, so I just pressed "equalize" on photoshop for each of them, which seemed to bring out their colours... (if anyone has any tips on editing, though, I would be super grateful!)
As always, you can click on each photo to make them BIGGER!
i. lawn
After digging up the lawn (for some reason), our landlord tried planting some turf... It was this pale when he placed it down, and despite frequent waterings it has retained its anemic pigment. You can see the green weeds poking through
ii. yard
A bunch of these tags appeared overnight on trash bins and garages all along the alley.
iii. wall nuts
i just think this sign is hilarious. There used to be a bigger sign with "WALL NUTS" clearly displayed. I've never been inside but I have to wonder what Wall nuts exactly are. At first I thought it was a construction store? (they are nuts for walls?)
iv. giant squirrel
this is one of the biggest squirrels I've ever seen. I thought it was a taxidermied at first, stapled to the tree, because it was frozen as I walked towards it. Finally it moved, startling me a lot...
I was drawn to the red pigment of this fire hydrant, wondering if it's the remnants of a spilled slurpee or something more nefarious..
vi. decorated tree
this tree has been quite anthropomorphized, as you can see. There's a lot of tree stumps in this neighbourhood that many residents have decorated or found other used for. I like his creepy face!
vii. can you spot the cat?
this neighbourhood is filled with wildlife. I didn't get a picture today, but I've spotted numerous hares in my backyard and alleyway on previous walks.
viii. splash pad
I liked the simplicity of this splash pad, the reflection of the trees in the water. I'm not sure how fun it'd be to play in, though. The only child I've spotted in it simply sat on one of those blue cylinders..
ix. local klein's
this convenience store has served me well. in the winter, it was usually the only outing i made, if i left the house at all.
x. accident outside klein's
apparently, someone left their four-year-old inside their vehicle, which they left running with the keys inside. this is the aftermath. luckily no one was hurt (not even the dvd rack on the other side of the wall)
Your neighbourhood looks really interesting! As for editing, I don't have a great quality camera (I used my dad's for this) but he uses this AMAZING program on his mac called Aperture. He can take out blur, enhance colour, straighten out lopsided images and etc. I downloaded a free 30 day trial to use while borrowing his camera.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the tip, I will definitely check it out! I'm looking forward to seeing your pics!
ReplyDeleteWow, your neighbourhood has a wide-range of texture. And you don't have just a new camera, you have an awesome camera (hat tip to Facebook).
ReplyDeleteMaybe you can help me figure it out!!!
ReplyDeleteSure.
ReplyDelete