Friday, May 30, 2014

The New Wascana Anthology

Today is the official release date of the The New Wascana Anthology, published by U of R Press. 


The anthology is mainly used in English 100 and 110 courses across the province. It used to be separated into poetry and fiction, and every semester dozens of used copies ended up at Value Village and used book sales, spreading poetry to the masses. 

I'm incredibly excited to have a riddle included in the new version of the anthology, which brings together poetry, fiction, and non-fiction in one volume. I'm hugely grateful to the editors, not only for thinking of me, but for being my biggest mentors throughout my time at the University of Regina and afterwards. I wouldn't be writing poetry if not for these two instructors, which is a terrifying thought.



Here's a snippet of the table of contents.. amazing to be alongside poets I admire. I had the chance to hang out with Dan a couple times in Iowa City so it's cool to share a page with him here.

My dream is for a first-year university student somewhere out there to write an essay about how much they hate my poem :) 

***


I've added a "press" section to the blog, organizing places I've popped up online. Also discovered my MA thesis is available to the public, so feel free to check out my collection of riddles and accompanying thoughts on the riddle as a genre, the only piece of criticism I've sorta-published. 

No comments:

Post a Comment