Slowly settling into life back home. Nice to be around family and friends, and an adorable niece for Nathan which arrived only two days after we got back.
We've been getting stuff ready for the move to Iowa.. hoping to get down there in the next couple months to find a place to live. I am really looking forward to living in the midwest, and only 3.5 hours from Chicago. I am interested in checking out the town as well... What is it like to live somewhere surrounded by poets and pie milkshakes?
I got to test out some of new poems a few nights ago at a writers' guild reading, which was a bit last minute. I also have a reading coming up at the Cathedral Village Arts Fest Literary Tent. It's on May 25th and I'll post when I know the time I hit the stage. I always love checking out the street fair so I'm really excited I get to read this year.
One of the poems I wrote at Sage Hill last year has also been accepted to an upcoming issue of Carousel... It's a sonnet and my first non-riddle poem published since 2011.
Today I'm waiting for some fedex stuff from Iowa and thinking about getting some frames for a few postcards of masked carnival figures we got in Venice..
We've been getting stuff ready for the move to Iowa.. hoping to get down there in the next couple months to find a place to live. I am really looking forward to living in the midwest, and only 3.5 hours from Chicago. I am interested in checking out the town as well... What is it like to live somewhere surrounded by poets and pie milkshakes?
I got to test out some of new poems a few nights ago at a writers' guild reading, which was a bit last minute. I also have a reading coming up at the Cathedral Village Arts Fest Literary Tent. It's on May 25th and I'll post when I know the time I hit the stage. I always love checking out the street fair so I'm really excited I get to read this year.
One of the poems I wrote at Sage Hill last year has also been accepted to an upcoming issue of Carousel... It's a sonnet and my first non-riddle poem published since 2011.
Today I'm waiting for some fedex stuff from Iowa and thinking about getting some frames for a few postcards of masked carnival figures we got in Venice..
No comments:
Post a Comment