Monday, September 17, 2012

Fall

Fall really snuck up on me this year! Luckily I've been keeping busy.

Combat Improv (featuring me) has a new venue! Our season opener is 8pm at the Artesian this Wednesday September 19th. The cost is 5 dollars and doors open at 7:30. It will be exciting to perform at the Artesian, which is becoming one of my favourite venues in Regina.

Jonah and me got our ISBN for our chapbook! Very exciting since this means our chapbook will soon be printed, bound, and published (and that it exists and I didn't just dream it up). I am looking forward to the launch and will post more info on that as soon as I know.

I got a job at a library. Haven't started yet, but I am looking forward to doing something different (and working around books of course!)

I started writing a novel. It's a bit scary so far. When a story or poem isn't working, I can throw it out and not feel too bad about it. I'm nervous to dedicate so much time to a project that might not be successful, or even a good idea. Is this a waste of time? I'm not sure writing is ever a waste of time. Maybe I'm doing this just for fun. Just to develop my craft. We'll see what happens. I'm on chapter three. (eek).

My brother Dakota won a Joe Shuster Award. His comic Ghost Rabbit received the Gene Day Award for Self-Publishers! Very proud of him and he's still drawing a comic a day!


I can't think of anything else! Guess this means it's time to get back to writing.



No comments:

Post a Comment