I passed my thesis defence!
It ended up being a lot of fun. I'm very grateful for all the guidance from my committee over the past year and a half. It felt great talking about my project and a real privilege to discuss riddles and poetry with my examiner.
I think riddles will be a life-long interest, especially after a few things that came up during the discussion that I hadn't considered before. I am now focusing on reading the huge stack of books beside my bed, writing new poems, and sending some work out. I would like to publish Riddlehoard eventually.
My copies of The Fiddlehead finally came in the mail, and I'm really excited that their website posted one of my poems from the latest issue.
I'm also looking forward to reading at the Filmpool next week with Courtney.
It's very appropriate that this is my 100th blog post. Many Latin collections contain 100 riddles, and many critics believe the Exeter Book originally held 100 riddles. I didn't end up writing 100 riddles, so perhaps this blog is my contribution to the tradition!
Thanks to everyone who read my poems, offered advice, talked to me about the thesis, listened to my doubts, celebrated with me, and helped me to reach this point!
So, who did your examiner end up being?
ReplyDeleteCongratulations
ReplyDelete