Monday, March 12, 2012

post conference

Trash Talking 2012 was incredible.. so many great panels. Jeramy Dodds gave the best reading I've seen. He is the nicest guy. Saturday night was so much fun. I'm feeling inspired to finish another round of revisions on my poetry manuscript, and get it sent out. I'm excited to finish my masters thesis. Me and Nathan have a dozen different plans to travel, teach english overseas, or apply for writing residencies. I am open to whatever works out.

My own readings went really well. I got some positive comments both about the poems I read on Thursday night, and also about the short story on Saturday morning. Although our panel was at 9:00, we had about 35 people come out to see us read. I am grateful for everyone who helped to make this weekend amazing.

After this week of craziness, it is hard to get used to normal life... Maybe it's time to start looking forward to spending a week in the Okanagan, or a couple weeks in Victoria in between Nathan's final semester. I was accepted into the Tin House writing workshop but I'm waiting to see if I get any funding. I'm also debating applying for Sage Hill this year. In the mean time, I am at work on a new short story and poetry edits.

No comments:

Post a Comment