And I am excited to share two upcoming events:
-First, on Thursday March 8, I am reading as part of a fundraiser for International Women's Day... This will be a really amazing event with some really incredible women participating. It is at the Artesian, which is one of the nicest venues in the city.. tickets are by donation. You can check out the details for this on my new "event" page above.
-Then, as part of the Trash Talking conference, poet Jeramy Dodds will be coming to read on Friday March 9 at the U of R Thorn Hall (Luther College). Regina writers Kelly-Anne Riess and Coby Stephensen will also be reading. We are accepting Trash Talking abstracts until January 30, so you still have time to submit a piece on pop culture, or a piece of creative writing. If you register for the full conference, you get to attend the reading for free (and get pizza)! If you don't register for the whole conference, then it is $10 at the door to attend the reading (and the pizza might be all gone). I can't wait!!
Other than this, I have been busy working on my thesis. We are starting to form my committee and seek an external examiner, which is both frightening and exciting. I was sort of hoping to drag it out a bit longer... I sent out a few poems to a few places. I found out I was rejected from the banff centre. I've been listening to a lot of Bjork. We got a new bookshelf in our apartment, and moved the books from the windowsill onto the shelf. I've been working on short stories slowly, but happily, and gaining some understanding of how my short story structure is operating.
No comments:
Post a Comment